Saturday, July 28, 2012

Songbird or Daredevil?

A couple weeks back Songbird, Jar and I decided to do something different than the usual bike ride or walk.  I thought it would be fun for me to roller blade and for them to ride their scooters.  I figured we would be about even speed wise.  Before we left the kids said Mom you should wear a helmet.  But I do not have one so I said don't worry we're not going real far I'll be fine.  Everything was going fine and we were on our way back in the home stretch and I look over at Songbird as she is falling to the ground, almost in slow motion.  Knee scraped, big toe gashed and side of  foot was cut.  The sight of blood is what put her into a slight panic.  We still had to make it home and the more she walked the more she bled.  All over her flip flop that is what seem to bother her the most.  You know how girls are about their shoes!  Got home, cleaned her up and everything seem to heal up nicely.  Then this week Songbird has been really active, doing exercises on the exercise ball, running, and riding her bike.  Until this morning, she was out for her regular ride just up around the curve when out of no where the bike hit some loose gravel, the back tire whipped out from underneath of her and she went down.  She bravely got up walked home, pushing her bike beside her, NO TEARS, not even one.  Blood running down the front of her left leg, from a big scrape and a bloody left palm.  She's come a long way, she didn't even freak out during the clean up!!!  We're so proud!!  I do have one helpful hint for those big scrapes that may require a large bandage, but you may not have one on hand.  Panty liner, I just cut one in half and taped it down.  Works great, sounds weird, but works great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment